Here are 5 Quick Updates to remodel your San Diego kitchen
An updated kitchen remodel is one of the primary features our San Diego home buyers seek when shopping for a home. It’s also high on the wish list for those living in dated homes and who have no intention of moving. It’s a topper on the wish list regarding San Diego homes for sale.
Here are 5 do-it-yourself tips the thrifty homeowner or home buyer might consider to update a San Diego kitchen–and make it a beautiful heart of the home:
1. Instead of new appliances: If kitchen appliances are functional, but mismatched or dated, you might consider repainting them to match with fresh coats of black, white, silver or even Liquid Stainless Steel. Krylon makes special Appliance Paint that comes in a variety of colors (but which may not be safe for stoves and ranges because of excessive heat). Thomas’ Liquid Stainless Steel, though, appears to be safe for all appliances and can even be used on cabinet doors for a more industrial or contemporary feel.
2. Replace Your Backsplash: Rather than simply re-paint or re-tile your kitchen backsplash, consider the updated look that peel-and-stick metallic tiles or glue-on backsplash rolls might offer and that run around $125 per 2’x25′ unit . Both can be ordered online, but the tiles are usually available at both Lowe’s and Home Depot.
3. Dingy ceiling? We often fail to look up and imagine the possibilities. A simple coat of paint might make a huge difference, but you might also consider decorative ceiling tiles or the metallic rolls mentioned in tip #2.
4. Replace Those Countertops: Hate that worn Formica or chipped ceramic tile that graces your kitchen surfaces–but don’t want to pay the price for granite or laminate? Consider a do-it-yourself project installing concrete surfaces in the kitchen. The choices in concrete colors and textures are almost endless and its durability is a huge plus. The cost for installing DIY concrete countertops in a normal sized kitchen should run less than $1000 and will take, with curing time, about 10 days to complete.
5. Update Kitchen Lighting: If hiring an electrician for replacing fluorescent panels is too costly, consider installing simple under-cabinet lighting that can produce some sexy results–and you can do-it-yourself with this Lowe’s You-Tube Video. Impressive results can be had for under $100.
These are all relatively inexpensive fixes for kitchen remodels anywhere. Additional suggestions welcomed!
To search all San Diego homes for sale, just enter your search criteria in the bar below: