Most of us might assume that the most expensive homes are those along the coasts. We love the warmth of the sun, the power of the sea and relish spending time in both.
And given the choice, might want to live where we love to play.
Few San DIego Realtors would be surprised to hear that La Jolla homes rank in the top five most expensive in the country, at least according to a study conducted by Coldwell Banker and reported by Yahoo.
In this latest report, the east and west coasts of the United States dominate the Top 10 Most Expensive Cities for Home Buyers–and coastal California cities hold 6 of the top 10 places–with Newport Beach ranking first:
1. Newport Beach, Calif., $1.83 million
2. Palo Alto, Calif., $1.48 million
3. Rye, N.Y., $1.33 million
4. San Francisco, $1.33 million
5. La Jolla, Calif., $1.21 million
6. Greenwich, Conn., $1.20 million
7. Wellesley, Mass., $1.08 million
8. Pasadena, Calif., $1.04 million
9. Honolulu, $1.03 million
10. Santa Barbara, Calif., $1.02 million
Fortunately, there are other coastal San Diego homes and real estate that offer average prices far under $1 million!